Ram Cat Alley Historic District
The district is a collection of commercial buildings which reflect the development of the downtown area as the center of commerce in Seneca from ca. 1887 to ca. 1930. Ram Cat Alley was so called because of the tendency of cats to gather around the Fred Hopkins Meat Market which was located on that street in ca. 1908. These days businesses on Ram Cat Alley include: independent boutiques, antique stores and restaurants. Fifteen minutes from Clemson University.