All public boat landings are currently open except High Falls County Park.
Oconee County Parks, Recreation & Tourism announces Park Reopening Plan
Oconee County will phase in the opening of areas of the parks over the next two months.
Phased openings will be based on a percentage of each park’s number of day use vehicle parking spots.
Effective May 15, 2020
- Day use areas at Chau Ram, High Falls and South Cove County Parks, and the High Falls boat ramp, will open with limited hours.
- Day use restrooms will open and be sanitized multiple times daily, closing temporarily after each cleaning until sanitizing products are dry.
- Playgrounds, retail, park offices and campgrounds will remain closed.
Effective May 22, 2020
- Playgrounds will open for public use. They will be sanitized multiple times daily and be closed after each cleaning until sanitizing products are dry.
- Retail spaces will open with limited capacity and space around the counter/register area.
Park hours will be limited from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. during the month of May.
Effective June 1, 2020
- Parks will resume regular hours.
- Buildings and shelter rentals will remain closed.
- Park capacity will be limited to seventy-five percent.
- Open campgrounds to existing reservations; new reservations will not be accepted until June 15.
Effective June 15, 2020
- Parks will be at full capacity
- Building and shelter reservations will resume.
The Oconee History Museum is closed until further notice.
Oconee County urges citizens and residents to continue safety precautions to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19, or the Coronavirus. Park visitors should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not regularly available, hand sanitizer may be used.
All persons should maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet from others as recommended by federal authorities. If you experience symptoms, please stay home except to get medical care.
Any questions related to Oconee County Parks, Recreation & Tourism may be directed to (864) 882-5250.