Local guide to dozens of cultural sites located in Oconee County, SC
Passport to Arts & Historical Landmarks is a pocket-size guidebook highlighting twenty-two interesting places of cultural significance within Oconee County, SC.
The Passport will lead you to these local points of interest:
- Blue Ridge Arts Center (BRAC)
- End of the Road Studios
- Gateway Arts Center
- Kudzu Kabin Designs
- Upstate Heritage Quilt Trail
- Historic Ballenger House
- Historic Old Pickens Courthouse, Church and Cemetery
- Oconee State Park
- Oconee Station State Historic Site
- Retreat Rosenwald School
- Stumphouse Tunnel/Issaqueena Falls
- Walhalla Fish Hatchery
- Bertha Lee StricklandCultural Museum
- General Store Museum
- Lunney Museum
- Museum of the Cherokee in South Carolina
- Oconee History Museum
- Oconee Military Museum at Patriots Hall
- World of Energy
- Oconee Community Theatre
- Walhalla Performing Arts Center
- Westminster Music Centre
This is a free and fun way to experience treasures and cultural destinations throughout Oconee County.
To obtain the passport, stop by any of the places listed above.
How to use the Passport:
- Choose your destination
- If the destination is a manned site, make sure to get your passport stamped.
- If the destination is an unmanned site, mark your passport page with the date of your visit and one fact you found interesting about the site.
- Once all your sites have been visited, bring your passport to the Oconee PRT office at South Cove County Park and redeem your Treasure Hunters surprise and be entered for the grand prize drawing – 5 Night Camping Pass to Oconee County Parks!
For questions, contact Oconee County PRT (864) 888-1488