Location, location, location!
Located in Salem, SC on the banks of Lake Jocassee, Devils Fork State Park is the only place where the public can access the lake.
The park was built in cooperation with Duke Energy in 1991. Duke Energy and the Department of Natural Resources manage the 7,500-acre reservoir Lake Jocassee. The 640 acres inside Devils Fork State Park are managed by South Carolina’s Department of Parks Recreation & Tourism.
Weekends during the summer the park fills up and cars are turned away. Arrive Early! Or plan your visit Monday – Friday to beat the crowds. There are a limited number of reservable parking spaces that will guarantee you a parking spot upon arrival, reserve online or call the park (866) 345-7275. Reservations for parking must be booked at least 2 days in advance.
The following rates are per person for entry into Devils Fork State Park:
- Adults $8
- Seniors $5 (age 65 & older)
- Children $4 (ages 6-15)
- Under 5 free
- Everyone gets in free on Tuesdays!
Did you know:
As of summer 2022, the park no longer charges admission on Tuesdays.
The South Carolina State Library system has provided a supply of SC State Park Passports for patrons to borrow from any branch of the library system.
There’s plenty to enjoy all day long at this wonderful state park!
- Swimming beach
- Fish for trout or smallmouth bass (valid SC fishing license required)
- 2 picnic shelters for group gatherings (reserve online)
- 2 playgrounds (one in picnic day-use area; the other near villas for overnight guest use)
- 4 boat ramps
- Several waterfalls only accessible by boat (park office has info and lake maps)
- Canoe/kayak/paddle board rentals provided by Eclectic Sun
- Hiking trail
- Geocaching locations
- Scuba diving
- Birding opportunities
- 20 rental villas
- 2 campgrounds
- Park store
There is a 7-night minimum to rent the villas June 1st – mid August. The rest of the year there is a 2-night minimum and seasonal holiday minimums.
- (15) 2-bedroom cabins
- (5) 3-bedroom cabins
- 59 standard RV sites with power & water hookup
- 25 rustic walk-in tent sites
- 1 boat-in campground on an island in the middle of Lake Jocassee
- 2 picnic shelters
- Central dump station and trash/recycling containers
- Laundry facilities
Visit https://southcarolinaparks.com/devils-fork for more details about this popular state park.