You Can Find Romance Nearly Anywhere When You’re in Love!
. . . But sometimes it helps to have some inspiration.
Salem, South Carolina, is one of those “under the radar places” you drive through but don’t get a sense of how special it is. In fact, it is home to what National Geographic Magazine referred to as, Destination of a Lifetime, One of the World’s Last Great Places!
Couple’s Adventure Cruise
Plan a couple’s adventure to cruise the lake by motorboat, kayak, stand up paddleboard, or stroll along the shore on foot.
Or let someone else lead the way and book a sightseeing excursion with Jocassee Lake Tours for guided pontoon boat tours or kayak trips.
Winter is the best season to be on the lake for fishing trips.
Hike the Oconee Bells Nature Trail mid-March through mid-April, and you’ll be able to see the rare Oconee Bell in bloom.
Date Night Dinner
When you’re ready to grab a bite, head over to Jocassee Valley Brewing Company. This taproom is less than 10 minutes away from Lake Jocassee. They’re open Wednesday – Sunday, serving craft beer, light appetizers, and live music. There’s a food truck onsite Friday and Saturday.
When the day is done, treat your sweetie to a special evening at Sunrise Farm Bed & Breakfast. Choose from rooms inside the historic farmhouse or three separate cottages. The “cherry on top” of this place is the full breakfast you’ll be served in the morning!
Salem also has another wonderful B&B: Three Pines View Boutique Mountain Lodge. This beautiful home is a unique offering we highly recommend.
Help For Planning You’re Visit to Salem:
- Make it a date to remember
- Outdoors with Jocassee Lake Tours
- Lake Jocassee on a Budget
- Jocassee Adventures
- Fall on Lake Jocassee
- Loon Research on Lake Jocassee
- Oconee Bell Blooms Here!
Tips For Heading to Salem, SC
- The only public access onto Lake Jocassee is through Devils Fork State Park.
- Parking is limited; arrive early to ensure a spot!
- Check on the current status of the park’s capacity.
- If you’ve got a boat, bring it!
- No boat? No worries!
- Book a sightseeing trip around the lake through Jocassee Lake Tours
- Rent kayaks, standup paddleboards, and gear from Eclectic Sun.
- You can hike near the lake on the Oconee Bell Nature Trail.
- Lodging at Devils Fork State Park includes 20 villas and two campgrounds.